Cold Weather Question

Mk1/2 Mark wrote:
> Silly American...  ;)   Using only two snow tires
> is a tad dangerous - just like Anson flogging poor
> Victor at the track w/ slicks on the fronts only.
> You'll be off the road going backwards, often...
>
> Seriously though, I wouldn't attempt to drive
> through the B.C. interior/north without a full set -
> I couldn't believe how many crazy steep drop-offs there
> were without any barriers of any kind...

Jean-Claude Desinor concurred:
> You will need *4* snow tires.
> *NO* snow tires is a very bad idea, but having only 2
> snow tires is worse. This will cause you to spin.
> Try Googling "you need 4 snow tires". Here is one of the
> hits: <http://www.snowtire.info/> Be careful out there :-)

Ok Ok, I'm just a stupid American! I'll either take Mk1 Mark up on his offer
to borrow a set (unlikely because I would feel REAL guilty putting 12,000
miles on them and then returning them, plus it would add 1 to 3 days to my
trip to go see him), or I'll buy a set in BC if it looks like they will be
needed.

After all, it will be May when I get there. Unless there if a fluke storm,
all of the roads should be clear. Even if there is a fluke storm, I can
always wait it out, or buy a set of snows.

-Marc