Rear upper Stress Bar.

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 08:14:18 -0700, Cory Langford
<Cory_Langford@bcit.ca> wrote:

>I have heard conflicting reports on their usefulness.  Does the back end
>of a mk1 scirocco actually flex that much?  Is a rear bar just a show
>piece or does it actually add some value?

Ancient school opinion is that they don't really do anything but add
weight to solve a non-existant problem.  I have a difficult time
believing that the kind that simply bolts between the tops of the rear
shocks (or shock towers) can help anything, even IF there is flex in
that area.  The kind with the diagonal support could actually work..
IF there is flex in that area.

Then again, some people say they are very handy for a tieing down your
trunk cargo.   FWIW, I don't have one.
Gordon

75 Mk1/Drake 1.9