No oil pressure - now what?

I finished a bunch of work on the '86 last week - new
injector o-rings, timing belt, tensioner, 1.6 cam, engine
mounts etc.  Drove it a couple days and....

Monday I actually drove to work (it was chilly dammit) and
just a scant 10 seconds or so after leaving the driveway,
the oil light & buzzer came on.  Drove for another 3-4
seconds 'til I crested the hill, and shut her down and
coasted into the parking lot.  What was left of the engine
oil was dripping from the filter.

Investigation revealed that the seal on the filter had
blown, rather than the expected oil cooler-to-oil bracket
assembly o-ring.  Easy fix I would think - replace the
filter, re-fill with oil and things should be fine.

Nope.

Did the repair in the parking lot this evening, fired it up
and still get the oil light, and when above 2k rpm, the
buzzer.  No leaks this time.  (Thanks Ben for pushing it
over the crest of the hill to the hangar btw!)

I don't have an oil pressure gage in the car (yet) as I've
not transferred it from the now-dead '85.  However, I'm
inclined to believe the idiot light, erring on the side of
caution.

So, short of trying to hook up a gage to tell for sure,
what do I do now?  If I'm truly not getting pressure, why,
and what can I do about it?

Any suggestions appreciated, as I'm stumped for now.

Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'81 Scirocco S               '86 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v             '88 Scirocco Slegato
'96 Passat GLX Wagon         '56 Cessna 172