No oil pressure - now what?

On 4/11/06, Daun Yeagley <vwdaun@yahoo.com> wrote:

> So, short of trying to hook up a gage to tell for sure,
> what do I do now?  If I'm truly not getting pressure, why,
> and what can I do about it?
>
> Any suggestions appreciated, as I'm stumped for now.

I once had either a faulty OEM oil filter or a hydraulic lock
situation created on install.  After an oil change I had no oil
pressure, but after installing another filter everything was fine.  I
remember I had filled the new oil filter with fresh oil that time till
it was overflowing (above the ball, and even the area between the seal
and the center hole) - maybe I created a pressure somewhere in the
filter/mount when I spun the filter on which caused the problem.  I'm
not sure if it was a defective filter, or that, but since then I've
filled my oil filters to 3/4 full just in case...

Just thought I'd throw that out there if there isn't any other obvious
problem...

Good luck!

Mark.
75