Emissions failure

Cathy wrote:
> Yeah, here they have to be 30 for historic tags, Klaus
> is gettting there. Next year the province will want about
> $740 out of me. The kids will chip in for thiers, but
> still. "What do you want for your birthday, Cathy?"
> "Money for the province".

15 years here in PA. They say 15 but often insist on 16 full years just to
make sure the model year it was sold under is over, etc. With the exception
of pot holes and the expensive turnpike, PA is the driver's paradise of the
northeast!

Another funny thing about PA tags is our DARE plates. Up until now they have
been kind of hard to see and have a black background with white letters,
this often looks good on black cars and just about every boy ricer in the
world has one. Leave it up to the PA DMV to F' with the ricers. They are
re-issuing a plate that is HORRIBLY ugly. See:
<http://www.papl8s.com/pa_plate_images2.htm> for samples of the old and the
new (about two screens down).

I know Peter wanted to get a Flagship Niagara plate because they are
IMPOSSIBLE to see the plate number on. Even the license plate geek notes
"This plate type is no longer issued due to visibility problems."

-Marc