Cincy lanyards

On 9:27:30 am 04/01/06 "David L Winchell, II" <davidwinchell2@sprynet.com>
wrote:
> Cathy, List,
>
> I heard back from Jeff yesterday and this is what he found out. He
> talked with his source who he felt was taking advantage of the group
> since it would be a one time order with out much in the way of return
> business. She quoted him $7.50 each out the door for the woven
> lanyards, clips, cards and sleeves. He knew that was way too much and
> researched other sources online and found a site that has them
> cheaper getting them direct. The research he did found that we could
> get them for as little as $1.25 each for the printed and about $3.50
> for the woven ones. This is all based on an order of 100 each.  He
> told me that the cheapest placed to get sleeves was office depot.
> They come in packs of ten from there.  He suggested to get the hook
> lanyards as they can be connected with just a hole punch in the
> sleeve where as the other types require a special punch that he
> thought was around $85. Also if you get the hook type they are just
> like the key chains that have been popular. He has a guy that works
> for his production team that can do the setup of the design in what
> ever format they require and can do it for us cheap so we can save on
> the setup fee.
> Looking at everything to get the woven lanyards it looks like around
> $5.00 or for the printed around $3.00.
>
> LMK what you guys think.
>
> Dave

Well, at $3, or $5 times 100, that's too rich for me to do without paid
upfront orders, for sure. Assuming there are other anti-lanyardites out
there, and knowing that we generally would be lucky to have 100 at Cincy to
begin with, maybe the name stickers are looking really good. I'm going to
see what sort of price the sticker place can do, woven would be really
nice, but I'm not $500 committed to the cause.....:(

Swamp me with off list replies if you'd like to support the cause....
Cathy