Some POS broke into my Scirocco last night

--- Blake Irvin <blake@clockworm.com> wrote:

> is there any easy way for someone to disable the
> steering lock? (the
> one that locks with the key out and the wheel turned
> hard to the left)?
>
> blake/

<snip>

YES. One large, or two medium, sets of hands on the
steering wheel and TWIST! Reverse direction and back
and forth until it's mangled.

Basic problem once you get driving is it may catch
during an exceedingly opportune moment.

Discouragement is a good idea- send them down the
block, next parking lot to the next car and away from
yours. You are trying to accomplish two things, make
it worth less than the effort required and 'keeping
honest people honest'.

Ever passed by a running (brand new at the time)
Porche 924 while walking home? Or how about a
Lamborghini sitting in the dealer's driveway with the
keys in it?   It can be hard to walk the narrow
sometimes. So don't make it easy for someone to
consider _your_ car a target.

TBerk
who never stole a car, but was tempted.