How to get Mk1 fenders off?

Aside from the obvious screws on the top and front of the fender there
are at least 3 on the back and one on the bottom of the rear part of
the fender. (ETKA lists 26 screws for a MK II fender! No listing for
MK I. )
Just pulling on the fender won't cut it. It'll be all bent by the time
you get it off.
What has worked for me is to cut the undercoating/glue away from the
flange as much as possible then pry the flange up a little bit at a
time being careful not to bend it too much.
Haven't tried heating it, that might be a good addition, but suspect
you'll still need to cut the crap back as much as possible at the edge
of the flange.
Dan