How to get Mk1 fenders off?

OK, what is the secret to pulling the fenders off? I spent nearly an hour
with a friend, pulling, prying, and the sucker just does not want to come off
the car. There is undercoating all over the place and suspect that it is a
matter of working it back and forth off the car. I gave up before we had to
close the shop tonight. I may have one screw left underneath the undercoating in
the wheel well. Is there three 10mm bolts in there?

Thanks,

Jim
_http://members.aol.com/jlpawlicki_ (http://members.aol.com/jlpawlicki)
92  Corrado SLC ~ 90 Corrado G60 ~ 91 Jetta Gli ~ 84 Rabbit Gti Callaway
Stage II ~  83 Rabbit Gti ~ 77 Scirocco Callaway Stage  I