Some POS broke into my Scirocco last night

my method for theft and damage prevention is nothing of value in the car and always leave the doors unlocked. you can make your car undrivable pretty easily if you are worried about them stealing the whole car. I've had my car rummaged through once and i'm sure they would have broken the window had the door been locked. i know the method seems crazy but it has always worked for me.
Matt
1981 Mars Red
1984 Wolfsburg
1987 8V Auto