Some POS broke into my Scirocco last night

   I know the feeling ... been violated back in 1985, three times in
three months, they were looking for the radio.

   No alarm will stop a determined or well organised burglar, but you
really want to scare the amateurs away.

   Anyways, I had a commercial alarm installed first, did not like the
way they had a hidden switch (means it was documented somewhere that
their alarms had a hidden switch). So I later installed myself.

   I opted for one that can be remotely controlled, has a panic button,
can control the doors, has valet mode and also can cut-off the ignition.
When triggered, it sounds the siren and flashes the parking lights. I
modified it so it also flashes the headlights and sounds the horn. It
also has an anti-hijack mode, that requires you do some extra silly
shenanigans when you start, otherwise it will trigger after a few blocks
*and* cutoff the ignition.

   They are still in business: http://www.microalarm.com/alarmmenu.html

	Jean-Claude
	84 8v (original owner)