Mk1 TT exhaust fit a Mk2 (86)?

Hey MK II guy ;^)
Hangers are quite different between the early cars (up to 84.5) and
the later cars.
If you're up for a little welding that can be fixed.
Don't know about the pipes themselves and how they will go over the
axle. Could be a pain due to the different gas tank shape in that
area.
Your 75 tail pipe will definitely be too short.
If your current system doesn't have a resonator that would be the fix.
If it does have a resonator then perhaps a new muffler would do the
trick. Borla's are good but expensive, Flowmaster's are raspy and
sound like what your car must sound like. The stock TT muffler (can't
remember the name right now) sounds decent and is only $40 or so. It
does need a resonator to sound OK though.
my <.02
Dan