Scirocco-l Digest, Vol 7, Issue 144

In a message dated 9/25/05 7:43:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
scirocco-l-request@scirocco.org writes:
1992 Audi 100S
I ran an Audi service dept. for a few years and know it is a good car, but I
will say the engines leak oil or at least "seep" oil for life, and it commonly
causes premature timing belt failure and idler pulley failures, and the oil
pans usually leak onto the exhaust pipes. If you do any intake manifold area
repairs, make sure to clean out the oil gallerys that go through the heads into
the block. More importantly, the automatic transmissions are weak, it's the
same old story with inner seals weakening causing trans oil and gear oil to swap
which wastes the valve body. Check the fluid, (some cars did not have
dipsticks and require a dealer visit to check fuild!) If the level is high or goopy
or greasy smelling, you have problems. Oh yeah, if the A/c is inop, be afraid.
Good luck, Michael