Idle question, don't delete me please...(Fox manifold/8V)

Another thing with the CPR... I've heard that crud can get inside the
metering/balancing port and when the port closes down there may be more
restriction than needed (poor idle).  The remedy I've heard for this is,
give the CPR a few good smacks with a light plastic faced hammer.  That
should loosen anything inside that may be in the way or maybe is will just
unstick the mechanism and move more freely.  It's worth a try.

And you'll run rich only for a short time because the bi-metallic heating
element inside the CPR will lean it out for you.

-Dick-
78 Scirocco
Original Owner
95 Passat GLX
Second Owner

Does this happen when you have been sitting and idling a lot, or in stop
and go type traffic?  I know you are running a straight CIS system, so
there isn't a ton it can be.  But...I'm wondering if your going super lean
due to the "CPR heatsoak" issue that Dick Wong experienced and fixed with
a simple spacer between the CPR and the block.  Easy test, unbolt the CPR
from the block and drive it around (yes, you'll run super rich, but it
will rule out that part causing the issue).