Last ditch effort

My friggin' car...

...was mostly running pretty well, but intermittently stumbling and starving above 4k under load, with a noisy main pump all the time.  I had wondered whether or not the transfer pump was working properly, thinking perhaps that was making the main pump strain.  Preemptive intervention by vwoa saved me from checking the pump, as a call revealed that it had not yet been replaced to satisfy the '89 recall.  A rush to the dealer, new pump and filter later, I thought I had it made (main pump still noisy, though)

Well, the car ran like ass and leaked gas (clever).  Fixed the leak on the street and limped home.

Now I have a short Saturday (3 hours) to try to solve what appears to be a fuel starvation issue.  Gonna flush fuel return line, check to see if the filter banjo bolts have those stupid clogged screens in 'em and pull the pump from my 88, if required.  Some electrical checks, too....all this in an attempt to GET THE CAR TO H2O.

I'm the "charcoal and lighter fluid guy," so I'll drive my toyota if need be...the grill must go on.

Problem is, if I take the 85 and it dies enroute, I got no way to reach out and let somebody know that they'll have to cut a tree down or strip all the t.p. from the porta-johnnys.

Jim
--
Sent from my Treo