Last ditch effort

--- Jim Ruffi <sciroccos@earthlink.net> wrote:

> My friggin' car...
Preemptive
> intervention by vwoa saved me from checking the pump, as
> a call revealed that it had not yet been replaced to
> satisfy the '89 recall.  A rush to the dealer, new pump
> and filter later, I thought I had it made (main pump
> still noisy, though)

Probably a big hint.  If the in-tank pump has been dead for
awhile, it will kill the main pump.  I'm guessing that's
the problem - not cheap but great piece of mind when it's
replaced.

Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'81 Scirocco S               '86 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v             '88 Scirocco Slegato
'96 Passat GLX Wagon         '56 Cessna 172

http://mail.yahoo.com