Painting bumpers

--- silvius14@comcast.net wrote:

> Has anyone ever tried a product called Plasti Dip by
> Performix?  I recently read an article about
> painting your bumpers with Krylon Fusion.  Well,
> while at a local Lowes I came across this Plasti Dip
> in a spray can.

<snip>

I used the black version of Plastidip in a spray-can
on some peeling gold BBS knock-off looking 13" rims
that came with my 81.

They were in use on two of the four wheels for a few
years then the rims had been stored outside in the
elements for the last three years or so. (California
has nether extremes of temperature where I am.)

Just until recently I was very, very happy w/ the
durability of the Duplicoat- until I got to the rims
this last month, to use them while painting some stock
steel Rabbit rims (w/ brush on Rustolium btw).

I found the Plasticoat had finally succumbed to the
ages, and began to peel a bit- BUT I had had to spray
them with the water hose and brush them w/ Purple
Power to find this out.

Had I to do it again I could envision them being
basted over the years with a protective like KLASSE or
hit with a new coat every season or so but all in all
it gets a thumbs up from me.

Thoughts of combining some other paint or coating,
perhaps in alternating layers and/or as a primer
persist in my brain's archive of improvements not yet
realized.

hth,
TBerk
(striving to be content-rich, signal to noise wise)