T Berk is back online - (Scirocco content included)

Hey hey to all and sundry, (insert Shakespeare quote
about demise being incorrect).

I have a new email addy (as is plain to see) and have
missed out I'm sure on lots of good tech stuff, lots
of nasty bickering, and (missed most) barely veiled
gender based innuendos. (wink wink, nudge, nudge.)

Scirocco Content:

- My 81 is in the middle right now of finishing off a
much delayed 10:1 RD motor swap, inc H&R Cup Kit
suspension & Rear Disk Brake upgrade.

- I have been driving a 78 Rabbit 4 door lately (it's
an AUTO!) but at least it's still in the family so to
speak. It has a loud exhaust right now but it goes and
it stops, so the important stuff is covered. (It had
been sitting for about 5 years in needs some
continuing TLC.)

The Roc runs a little but not too well, I'm thinking
the hydro valves are gummed up a bit at the moment.
Right as a I type this I have the oil pan off the
check the oil pick up and found a semi broken but
serviceable baffle.

On a somewhat self-serving note: I've been
cannibalizing an 86 GTI for parts so if you need
something and are local to the San Fran Bay Area, drop
me a note off list. (Body panels, rear seat and glass
all in great shape and available, plus other stuff.)

The next step after getting it idling 'smood' is to do
something about the exhaust, it seems all A1s like to
come-a-loose back after the cat and then twist and
ride on the axle. Grrr. I'm thinking another hanger
back there as it turns the corner would be a great
idea.

Anywho, dems me 'tinks for now.

btw- I'll be checking back in every couple of days so
don't feel bad if you don't get an immediate reply
sometimes.

Peace n' Luv,

T Berk

http://mail.yahoo.com