c-lutch bizness

(pardon me)
The real question, and maybe what Adirondack was getting at is the
nature/difficulty of the job versus your willingness/ability to tackle it.
If you do this yourself, it will no doubt enhance your knowledge of this
area of the car and hopefully boost your confidence.  You'll save money,
too.

However, if you're hesitant, you should probably bring it to a shop.  If
your mechanical experience level is low, it'll possibly take several times
longer than you want it do...you'll be dirty and tired, and you might break
some tools or equipment before you're through.  You might also injure
yourself.

It's very important that you have the right tools and know how to use them.
You'll also need a good floor jack and jackstands.  Then there's the special
tools you'll have to buy: 30mm socket for the axle nuts, CV bolt socket,
etc.

I suggest you follow your heart on this one.  I'm not trying to discourage
you, but if you're a newbie at this, you shouldn't go at it without
experienced help or supervision.  Best would be if you helped someone who
was doing the work for you.

Jim