From: Don Walter [mailto:dswalterwi@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, September 18, 2005 7:27 PM
To: Rick Kellner
Cc: Scirocco List
Subject: Re: Failed Emission Test

Catalytic Converter -- Replace
On 9/18/05, Rick Kellner <rfkellner@snet.net> wrote:
My 1987 16V failed its emission test on Friday.  The NOx was over by a
fair amount however all the other emissions were very low.  When the NOx

is brought into specs the other will rise.  Here are this year's numbers
and the numbers from the last test two years ago.  I want to make sure
it is in specs when I go for the next test since you only get one free
re-test.  I will probably just bring the car to my local VW mechanic and
have him set it up and check it on his machine before the state test.
Rick.

                       HC                    CO%                NOx
Limits               278                   .89                    1944
2003                 162                   .24                      896

2005                  31                   .02                    2488