From: GREG DUNN [mailto:greggearhead@adelphia.net]
Sent: Sunday, September 18, 2005 8:18 PM
To: Rick Kellner
Cc: Scirocco List
Subject: Re: Failed Emission Test

OMG no, don't jump to ridiculous conclusions like a catalytic converter.

It is obviously running too lean.  Not crazy lean, otherwise it would be

missing and there were be more HC, or unburnt particles getting out.

Try turning the idle fuel mixture screw clockwise 1/8 turn, or better
yet,
check for vacuum leaks, which is what it probably is.

gd

Catalytic Converter -- Replace