Looking to borrow (or buy) a catalytic converter...

On 9/9/05, Greg Pallett <greg.rocco@gmail.com> wrote:
> If it's the last year... couldn't you just "forget" to have it tested?  I
> forgot (no, really!) to have my last two cars tested.. and then was able to
> put it off for almost a year and a half each time.  Call the MVA when they
> won't renew the tags, no paperwork, give 'em an excuse  or even tell the
> truth and they (in Maryland) give you a waiver to avoid paying late fees..
> presto - go and test!
>
> Naturally, I'm not advocating breaking the law.. just sharing my "loophole"

Well it's not quite that easy here in Ontario.  I need to get an
emissions test done in order to get a (stickered) license plate for
the car.  Whenever a car changes owners an e-test is required here...

There is a small loophole though.  If you buy an odd year car during
an even year and plate it, but wait a day to buy the sticker, the
'flag' for an e-test disappears (until the bi-annual test comes due on
your birthday).  I was able to exploit this loophole with my Audi last
year, but since this one's an 86 it won't work this year...

Later,

Mark.
75
80 S