Can this be said on the list?

On 9/6/05, Dan Bubb <dan.bubb@gmail.com> wrote:
> I should have been more clear.
> Both me and my nephew have 16V front brakes and the Corrado 22mm MC
> with the stock rear drums.
> Upgrading the fronts is well worth the effort. I just don't think
> there's much to choose between rear disc or drum especially
> considering the cost of the effing rear calipers!

Dan, is it necessary to swap the MC when installing 10.1" front
brakes?  I just installed the 16v front setup on my 86, and put all
new drum hardware out back, and the brakes seem awesome!  The fronts
seem to outbrake the rears though, so I may install an adjustable
brake proportioning valve to even things out a bit.

The reason I used the 10.1's (from the 75 track car) on the 86 is
partially because of finances - I've been swapping over a lot of new
parts to the 86 that I've been stockpiling for a while, but also so I
can use the 9.4's on the 75 so I can run the many sets of 13" race
rubber I got from Anson for almost nothing.  I'd prefer to keep the
16v rear and MC/booster on the 75 though...  Do you forsee any
problems running the 16v fronts on the 86 without swapping over the
larger MC?

Later,

Mark.
75