Knock Sensor CIS Install

Glad to see people are spending their holiday working on their Sciroccos,
almost nothing else I would rather be doing. OK here is where I am stuck
 Known:
79 rocco with CIS, 1.8L RV motor, F code knock box (purple writing), 3A
throttle body (from Audi), Type 2 knock sensor, non mechanical or vacuum
advance distributor and ignition control module and wires (from A2 jetta)
 Questions:
1) TB has no idle adjustment screw but both switches working from Audi 80
with Digifant. I am pretty sure I need a TB with a mechanical idle
adjustment screw, right? Or can I just set the rest position of the TB
armature for my idle?
2) Car will run with TB open and knock sensor unplugged. Plug in the knock
sensor and the car will not start. Bently shows OMH test for knock sensor
but I am not getting any resistance across terminals 2 and 3. Sign that it
needs to is FUBAR and needs to be replaced?
3) Does everyone replace the gold plated terminal plug evey time they
install a new knock sensor per the Bently?
TIA for your input.
--
Gordy
MK1 x 3