Mk1 window seals (front & rear)

On 9/2/05, Gordy Stedman <ydrogs@gmail.com> wrote:
> New seals are available on Ebay for
> $100 or you can get it without the slot for the trim for a Cali for around
> $60 IIRC.

The other way around - the Cal-look seals (no trim) are $100, and the
stock (aftermarket Taiwan seal) is $65(ish).

The guy (Randy) is selling them on Ebay, and through the Vortex. I
have bought both seats off of him and they're good quality.  He also
produces Mk1 window scrapers, and is working on the rear quarter
window seals and hatch seal.

His email address is:  <freeski@sbcglobal.net>

If you're going to keep the chrome trim, DON'T trash the rear hatch
window seal - they aren't available, and Randy doesn't make them (only
the Cal-look rear seal).  I made the mistake of assuming he made both
and trashed my perfectly good seal when I stripped my 75...  I'm still
pissed...

HTH,

Mark.
75