PS fluid in the p-side rack boot - problem?

Hey list, since the 86 is the first Scirocco I've owned that has power
steering, I don't really know what to expect as "normal". I went to change
the passenger side rack boot today and noticed some power steering fluid in
it. The reservoir is still at max, and after a few days of driving it
(including a 500 mile trip home) it hasn't gone down a bit. I removed the
boot, started the car up, and steered side to side for a minute or so, and
it didn't look like any fluid was leaking anywhere. Is it normal for the
rack to puke a bit of fluid once in a while, or is the rack shot?

Thanks!

Mark.
75
80 S