Hmmm, engine oil addatives...

So, I ran across someone on another list that uses an additive I had never
heard of before...called Tufoil (www.tufoil.com).

Now, looking at the MSDS it looks like just another PTFE (Teflon) based
addative...but I'd love it if a chemical engineer could look over the MSDS
and the NIST test they describe in the FAQ and explain WHY this particular
addative would stand the NIST test for so much longer than any of the
other popular brands.  (They claim theirs survived 16 days on the test
machine, while NO OTHER addative made it past 12 minutes).

Read over their site, and let me know your opinions...I am skeptical as
always, and have heard all the bad press about PTFE...I'm wondering about
the other chemicals listed on the MSDS.

--
Eric
www.vintagewatercooleds.com

1979 Dasher Coupe 2.0 8v
1981 Scirocco S (TDI swap project)
1990 Corrado TDI
1990 Fox Wagon (1.6 Heron head project)
1991 Cabriolet (2.0 crossflow 8v project)