Poor cold start in an 8V

On 10/30/05, Foxx (in a box) <foxxinabox@wideopenwest.com> wrote:
> ...i was told that my injectors don't sound the healthiest. i've
> another (used) set that i'm looking to replace them with but i'm not
> sure how much difference that will make.

If you want to test your injectors, pop them out and place them in a
(clear) jar.  Remove the rubber boot (big end) from the fuel
distributor.  Either jumper the fuel pump relay, or turn the ignition
to 'On' if your pump will stay running (ground your coil if you're the
paranoid type).  Gently pull up the air metering plate in the fuel
distributor.  Look at the spray patterns of the injectors - they
should all spray in a uniform "cone".  I've seen several injectors
that will squirt fuel on an angle, and it's usually not a fine mist
when this happens.  If you feel like it put each injector in it's own
container and let them squeal for a minute and check to see if all the
injectors are flowing equally.  If you have several used ones lying
around you can "blueprint" your injectors this way - keep swapping
injectors till they all flow equal volumes...

HTH,

Mark.
75
86