2 parts Sciroccos 4Sale in Cinc area

--- David Brown <sharpshooter33@adelphia.net> wrote:

> Daun Likes to practically steal his parts cars. 8-)  I
> think a package deal of $600 for both cars about $300
> each however you divided them is a pretty good deal
> considering you would get both cars, relatively new tires
> on the one, 2 16v motors, 1 8v motor, body parts galore.
>  So I'm not interested in being taken to the cleaners too
> much.

Nobody is David, but unless *you* part them yourself,
you'll likely never see $600 for the pair.  There is a
*very* limited market for these cars or their parts,
especially locally for things that aren't easily shipped
like engines & body panels.  If I'm going to go through the
considerable effort of acquiring the cars AND parting or
restoring one or both, I'm going to have to be assured that
I've got a fair shot at making it worth my time and money.
The 16v would require major bodywork to get back on the
road, something that I do not have the skills to do -
therefore I'd likely part it out and try to recover my
money that way.  The Wolfsburg Edition apparantly has a
good body, and as long as that's the case, I would get it
running and send it on it's way, hoping it didn't cost too
much to get it back on the road.  Regardless, I would have
money and time tied up in the whole project, neither of
which I have an abundance of these days.

Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'81 Scirocco S               '86 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v             '88 Scirocco Slegato
'96 Passat GLX Wagon         '56 Cessna 172

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs