2 parts Sciroccos 4Sale in Cinc area

----- Original Message -----
From: "Daun Yeagley" <vwdaun@yahoo.com>
To: "David Brown" <sharpshooter33@adelphia.net>; <Scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2005 9:36 PM
Subject: Re: 2 parts Sciroccos 4Sale in Cinc area

> --- David Brown <sharpshooter33@adelphia.net> wrote:
>
> > Daun Likes to practically steal his parts cars. 8-)  I
> > think a package deal of $600 for both cars about $300
> > each however you divided them is a pretty good deal
> > considering you would get both cars, relatively new tires
> > on the one, 2 16v motors, 1 8v motor, body parts galore.
> >  So I'm not interested in being taken to the cleaners too
> > much.
>
> Nobody is David, but unless *you* part them yourself,
> you'll likely never see $600 for the pair.  There is a
> *very* limited market for these cars or their parts,
> especially locally for things that aren't easily shipped
> like engines & body panels.  If I'm going to go through the
> considerable effort of acquiring the cars AND parting or
> restoring one or both, I'm going to have to be assured that
> I've got a fair shot at making it worth my time and money.
> The 16v would require major bodywork to get back on the
> road, something that I do not have the skills to do -
> therefore I'd likely part it out and try to recover my
> money that way.  The Wolfsburg Edition apparantly has a
> good body, and as long as that's the case, I would get it
> running and send it on it's way, hoping it didn't cost too
> much to get it back on the road.  Regardless, I would have
> money and time tied up in the whole project, neither of
> which I have an abundance of these days.
>

> Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
> '81 Scirocco S               '86 Scirocco 8v
> '88 Scirocco 16v             '88 Scirocco Slegato
> '96 Passat GLX Wagon         '56 Cessna 172
> The first rule of intelligent tinkering is to save all the parts -
Ehrlich's Law.

Ummm....

I offer this -only- with the idea of educating, not arguing...

I recently sold a complete 16V with some pretty significant rear end damage
for 575.00, not running.  It is a great parts car, but since I never could
figure out the electrical problem...  *shrug*

Ultimately, I think I was lucky, but take it for what that is worth...  And
the market in our two areas may be entirely different..

David