axle noise & parts swap

--- "Foxx (in a box)" <foxxinabox@wideopenwest.com> wrote:

> > 45 minutes is the time to beat.

>    okay, i'll take you challenge. not thinking that i can
> beat it, but
> what the hey. dark is here by 6pm and winter's coming. it
> needs to be done.
>    the only questions that i have are 1) did you have
> your tools ready
> so that you could do the job in one sitting?

The 45 minutes was opening the hatch to get the tools, to
tools put back in the trunk.  :)

 did you use
> power tools or
> standard muscle power?

We didn't have any air available in Buffalo airport's
parking lot.

 2) was your axle pre-packed or was
> it one of the
> crazy ones that you had to do yourself? (also, were the
> boots already on
> it?)

One was pre-packed (the 55 minute one in the dark, but the
balls weren't all seated) and the 45 minute one had to be
packed.  The boots were already installed.

 3) any other items replaced while you were under
> there?

New axle nuts, otherwise, no.

>    let me know and i'll see how bad i can flub this up.
> :)

It's pretty easy really...    want me to come up and coach
you on it?  You're only an hour away.  :p

Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'81 Scirocco S               '86 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v             '88 Scirocco Slegato
'96 Passat GLX Wagon         '56 Cessna 172

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs