axle noise & parts swap

On 1:50:20 am 10/24/05 "David Utley" <fahrvergnugen@cox.net> wrote:
> The clickity-clack means it is bad.  It makes noise because there is
> now an increased clearance inbetween moving parts.  This is bad, as
> it will only get worse and eventually break (esp. if you are hard off
> the line).  Go ahead and replace it.
>
> David

    ?
OKay, so for curiosity, when you turn, which way makes it worse? (And
David's nailed it, clickety clack is a bad noise) We had a noise turning
left on Gino, which was the left axle, but that's contrary to what I'd been
told.

And the outers are the same for the later cars, both 90 and 100 fit, we
took out Gino's 100s and popped in 90s. Mind you, we changed trannies ( and
flange size) in between that, but the hubs were untouched. I'm not sure if
you could build a hybrid axle (or if the outers even ARE any different),
but the hub should work. (though someone said on very early 90mm hubs there
is a difference, and they won't accept the 100s, not sure where the break
year is).

45 minutes is the time to beat. Daun and Julie, if you can believe it, did
one last night on a Wolfie, but I still hold the recent title for most in
36 hours, at three...(1Cabby, 2 Gino)

Anyway, enjoy that grease, LOL. Nothing like a good stiff shaft...oh never
mind.

cathy