Dash lights flickering like it's halloween

I was driving home laste last night in the pouring rain. There was very
little traffic, and as I was pulling away from a stop sign, I wa acting the
fool and revving the car, spinning in 2nd gear. Then the coolant light
started blinking on, and then teh dash lights went dark. The HVAC lights
worked, the turn signals worked, stereo worked, speedometer worked, but the
tachometer didn't work. They flickered on and off intermitently for 10
minutes it took me to get home Today, I assume they work because the tach is
working.
Any ideas?
 Greg

--
Aronsons First Law
People who do crazy things are not necessarily crazy