The New Polo GTI --to OT; SUVs

----- Original Message -----
From: "Peel" <scirocco_gti@juno.com>
To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2005 9:07 AM
Subject: Re: The New Polo GTI

SUVs are an example of incredibly successful marketing - convincing a
significant portion of our population that they "need" an SUV, which in
reality most people don't need. ;-)

It is probably not a cooincidence that U.S. automaker's largest profit
margins (by far)come from the low-tech trucks and SUVs.
Mr. Peel,
  I have always found your previous posts to be insightful, which is why I
comment on these points you have just made.  I don't post them with the idea
of flammage, but rather to discuss it further...

SUVs have sold well because folks feel safer higher up, esp. the ladies.
Any man who is or has been married know how much more likely the women are
to control the purse strings, right fellas?  :-)

That is where their largest profits are?  I have not heard that before but
it is possible.  However, it does not seem too likely.  They have sold more
SUVs and trucks than ever before, and yet all three are in the red...

David