The New Polo GTI

I was was in Italy for 9 days a couple of weeks ago
and it is such a different car experience. Our rental
was a 4 door Smart car (the one that TopGear slept in
for 24 hours). The VW's there were cool. THe MKV Golf
is real nice in person and the Polo and the Lupo
(smaller than a Polo) are way cool. I would buy a new
Polo in heartbeat. Small, light, very good looking. I
even saw a new Fox- but that might be the replacement
for the Lupo.

All the car there are small, space is tight in the
citys and even on the roads, not as many cars but the
roads are narrow and the freeways are way narrow
compared to ours. You deffently have to know where the
corners of you car is. Drive 90kph on a freeway with a
tour bus 3 feet on your fight and the guard rail 3
feet on your left (and the guard rail is at eye level)
in the rain. And that was in a MKIII Gti 16v  (yes A3
16v). Oh and it had different smaller bumpers. We call
them euro bumpers, over there they jsut call them
bumpers.

-mark

<<http://www.vwvortex.com/artman/publish/volkswagen_news/article_1562.shtml>