kinda OT (same engine) - the passat starter delema

So when I said the flywheel rotates w/o rotating the engine, well, that wasn't
entirely correct. I made the error of looking at the cam sprocket to judge crank
rotation, and even though there was what appeared to be a taught timing belt on
there, it was in fact broken.

Great.

Off to hunt for a jetta for the wife. This b3 crap is for the birds anyway, Too
hard to find those oddball parts.

Anyone need any b3 passat parts?

Allyn Malventano, ETC(SS), USN
87 Rieger Scirocco GTO 2.0 16v (the _wifes_ daily) << please help, quickly
82 Caddy Diesel (my daily, 160k)
90 Passat GL 16V (dead)