Gino: He's living on the harsh streets of the USA....

Daun's letting me type so he can laugfh at my typing. I may not prrofead
thais, then again, maybe I'd better, starting now....

Okay, so this morning began early with minor tech procedures on Gino in
prep for his big trip. Tensioning the rear thrust washers, a minor
adjustment of exhaust alignment, getting the speedo and rear lights to
work, a new clip on the rear hatch cover end thingie, and straightening out
the steering wheel. Then a test drive. Make that a failed attempt to start
him. And cursing. Eventually he got going, but the issue with the fuel pump
is still there. Sometimes. Many of the "running gear noises" had vanished,
but one of the axles was still a bit noisy. meh, it's just an axle (Daun is
in stitches beside me watching me typoe, and retype, and retype...LOL)

So the importer showed up and we headed out, they were really cool about
letting me drive the car, good thing as he ran like shit all the way to
Dunnville, including a nice "no fuel pump" incident at the end of my road.
After Dunnville, he knew he was really going to be an American, and
resigned himself to running towrds his fate. The importer drove him the
last bit across the border, and after some delay at Customs (because of the
QUebec ownership), he crossed the border and we met up with Daun at the
airport.

I'll let him take over, so I can laugh at his typing....

So yeah, MY morning started out fairly early as well.  Brad & I (along with
his soon-to-be step-brother) took off for Buffalo in the Grumman Traveller.
 It was a pleasant 2.5 hour flight overall (but the cloud tops at 9000 were
a little, uh, chilly. Ice anyone?)  We arrived late, but Cathy & crew were
also running late as well, so no problem.

We left McDonald's to the sound of an axle making a lot more noise than it
had been making before this morning's trip, so we decided to try and find a
store with one in stock.  We finally had some luck, (after 3-4 stores) with
the Canadian Tire in Welland Ontario.  Sooo, across the border we went,
picked up the axle, and back to the airport.  At this point it was getting
dark (ok, it WAS dark).  We got the axle changed in damn good time, and
while I don't think the problem is totally solved (still some clicking up
there somewhere) but I think it there's a better chance of getting home.
In the meantime, Cathy is again putting up with my mangy butt overnight.

(He's so slow typing I needed to go get another beer...like watching the
grass grow here.....)

Ok, I'm going to head off to bed shortly, it's going to be another exciting
day tomorrow I'm sure.  But the good news is is that Gino is now in the
U.S, which I consider a major accomplishment.

Daun and Cathy, only slightly intoxicated.

(speak for yourself...)