Gino: He's living on the harsh streets of the USA....

Well it seems that it is progressing... Good luck.  I too have been working.

Thread HIJACK!!!

I got my poly accelerator bushing from missinglinkz.com on Saturday.
I started to pull the entire pedal as per the instructions on the
site, and then decided I was out of my F'ing mind.  I got a nice pair
of pliers and "pressed" it in the fitting--in place.

I tell you those that don't have this mod yet it literally took me
about 30 seconds to do, once I revised my tactics, it was eleven
dollars with shipping and I got it fairly quick.  (even though he
wanted to wait for paypal to clear the funds, which took a couple
days--once it cleared I got it the next day)  He wasn't kidding about
adjusting your accelerator cable post install.   It took me a few
minutes to get it right, but I think the cable was previously
stretched as my throttle adjustment is near the end.  Then again I
can't rule out that we used the correct part when installing the
engine.  If I remember correctly we went to flaps and got new cables
for clutch and accelerator.  We all know how reliable flaps can be.
LOL

Now I am off to troubleshoot a "sometimes" horn that never works when
I am pissed; a sometimes brakelight (one side)... I can smack it and
it comes back on, but since this is an 85 with no 3rd light it kinda
scares me; I may get froggy and wire up the reverse lights correctly
(put it in reverse and look for the pins that are shorted right?)  And
finally I need to figure out what the deal is with that damn coolant
bottle.  The blinky light drives me nuts especially at night.

Mr. Bubb if you are listening is there any possibility that I can
request an alignment one weekend that you have some time?  I never did
it after the suspension overhaul--but the good news is that it broke
soon after and sat all summer so I didn't drive it much since then.

Well good luck Daun.  It sounds like you are closer to getting it
home.  I wish you the best brother.

Chris