Oh, the Gino weekend, probably long

> >  Daun swapped out the ignition switch, which may have been flaky,
> >  and proceeded to much needed vaccuuming. Fuel pump relay needed
> >  wiggling or bypassing to get the pump to run, not sure if we have
> >  that cleared up or not, but after using a bypass wire all day, we
> >  both broke into hysterics on
> >  the discovery of a bypass wire and spare relay under the
> >  passenger's seat. We just love these cars and their evil ways eh?
> >

> Let me guess: white wire with blue crimp on connectors?
>
> I made it for the '83 a long time ago, very handy to have.

Nope, IIRC, blue wire, red crimp ons.

> The "spare relay" is junk IIRC. The relay on the car was replaced 2-3
> years ago. It has no rev limiter. Someone asked for the part number a
> year ago, but I did forget to write it down.

The one in the box looked fresh enough inside, that would explain it.

> Gino sat two years in my garage. I guess this is where all the
> electrical problems came from, as I never had any electrical issue
> with it.

Typical for aging cars, MkI owners sure know the drill, and MkII owners
will soon follow suit as those ones age.

> >  Marc, I'm sure you're reading, he's looking really happy and I'll
> >  take him for a few short runs around here, including one for an
> >  alignment in prep for his long journey. I will miss his face,
> maybe I need to get one eh?

> Cool! Cant wait to read some more about it!

Not a problem, he's in good hands.

> >  Guys, as usual, it was a pleasure to have you all drop by eh?
> >  Cathy
> >

> Cheers.
>
> Marc
> '83 Scirocco
> '97 A4 Q

Same to you. I have a hankering for pasta, how far are you anyway?? ;)

cathy