Water Temp Light

Im sorry I can only coment on the starter, but they are different I dont dismiss the possibility that the auto starter may fit into the standars tranny, but I am almost a 100% that it will not work the other way.

There is a longer shaft, past the starter gear on the standard ones.
http://i9.ebayimg.com/04/i/04/d6/8c/c0_1_b.JPG
That shaft is none exsiatent on the automatic one
http://akamai.edeal.com/images/catalog1911/folder13556/img1252607.jpg
Also I think that the bolt patterns are diferent. Wich again leads me to believe that there is no interchange between them

HTH,
El Tony

"John S. Lagnese" <jlagnese@massed.net> wrote:
Size isn't the difference for an automatic starter. I don't believe
there is any way it could work in a standard. I have one in the garage
at home. I'm not home at the moment, however.
Do you have another sensor to try? You may try to clean the contacts,
the ones that protrude into the coolant.
John