Loss of power...

--- Mike Smith <smithma7@gmail.com> wrote:

> I ran this by Roger a few weeks ago whilst at a local gtg
> and he thinks that
> the culprit is my exhaust leak. I'd like to hear what the
> rest of you say
> (has nothing to do with not trusting your judgement,
> Roger!).

> Also, when I rev in
> nuetral, I can go up and beyond 5K with no ill effects.
> Only happens whilst
> in gear and under load.
>
> What say you, list?

It easily could be the exhaust leak, and you should get
that fixed.  (Where is the leak anyway, downpipe
flex-joint?)

Another thing it could be is simply plugs / cap / wires
etc.  If they're bad you can get a high RPM miss under
load.

Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'81 Scirocco S               '86 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v             '88 Scirocco Slegato
'96 Passat GLX Wagon         '56 Cessna 172

http://mail.yahoo.com