Loss of power...

I ran this by Roger a few weeks ago whilst at a local gtg and he thinks that
the culprit is my exhaust leak. I'd like to hear what the rest of you say
(has nothing to do with not trusting your judgement, Roger!).

And, AFAIK, the leak is the only real problem with the car atm... on to the
symptoms: When I push the RPMs past 5K, I lose all response/power. Not loss
of power in the sense the car dies, but in the sense that I have no more go.
Roger said that the leak was making it so there was not enough back pressure
to allow the engine to give the power I'm asking for. Also, when I rev in
nuetral, I can go up and beyond 5K with no ill effects. Only happens whilst
in gear and under load.

What say you, list?

--
Mike