Clutch interchangeable from 1.6

--- Edward Effinger <Eeffinger@conestogac.on.ca>
wrote:

> Greetings.
> Does anybody know if a clutch from a 1978 1.6/4 spd
> will fit my 1981S / 5 spd?
>
> Thanks
> Ed

The sizes (over all diameter/ surface area) are
different by a few MMs but in general terms Yes it
will fit. (We're talking the friction disk, correct?)
(I even put on of those in a Fox a few months ago).

Is it 'right'? No, but it'll get you off the side of
the road. Better to do it right the 1st time as
getting in and out of a clutch job is tedious.

btw- where you get into trouble, spline wise on the
drive shaft, is 16v transmission teritory.

TBerk