(8v) are there different sized injector o-rings (or injector cups)?

In a message dated 10/1/05 9:49:39 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
scirocco-l-request@scirocco.org writes:

I believe black ones might be for G60 cylinder heads, they are smaller and
shouldn't have threaded into your head.  Are you sure your have the o-ring where
it belongs on the injector?  If not it will be too stretched out (big) and it
won't be able to slide on the injector to goto its place... so to speak it
will get stuck.  Rather than putting motor oil, or spray lubricant on them, try
a thin film of white grease.  I frequently use a thin film of red wheel
bearing grease and that gets the job done easier, and doens't have any real effect
on the o-rings.  Motor oil though will soak in and eventually rot the o-rings
cause the oil is alot thinner than say w.b. grease... fyi

  Also be careful using a screwdriver to install/remove injectors... I use
one myself, but I've also broken 2 fuel injectors in the past, and had to take
the head off to get them out.  If you do use a screwdriver to push them back
in, support the other side of the injector by hand to direct the force into the
hole, and hold the screwdriver onto the injector with your thumb snugly (so it
doesn't stab you when it slips off) BE VERY CAREFUL NOT TO BREAK A F.I. OR
HURT YOURSELF!  You kind of have to go slow and apply slow and steady pressure
and sort of feel it work its way in.

Good luck

Jim
'88 16V