relocation woes

Jim Ruffi wrote:
> Sorry for the harsh answer.  I think you'll find
> PA to be reasonable where gun laws are concerned,
> but it's no Oklahoma.

David Utley responded:
> Yes, it is true.  We have guns, and CCW licenses
> even, but as Jim already mentioned, sodomy and even
> beastiality are outlawed.  I don't know how I live
> here without crossing those barriers often, but I
> try...  ;-) Sorry, I just had to...

PA definitely has concealed carry permits, mine expires in March of 2009.
I'm not sure how strict the gun laws are in PA, mostly because I don't own a
gun, I'm a knife carrier. Back when I was 21 I got into a bit of a pickle
for carrying knives, thus I got the permit to cover my ass if I ever need
it. Most gun owners I know from around here buy their wares in Delaware and
bring them back into PA. Probably because of a mix of no sales tax and lax
gun laws.

A bigger plus about PA is the driving laws. No front license plate required
here! Love it! Better yet, points are not imported from any other state
except in the case of DUI and homicide by vehicle (you have bigger problems
then points in each of these). This means once you leave PA you can go as
fast as you can afford to drive. The 100 MPH ticket I got in 2003 in Licking
County, Ohio? The 77 MPH ticket in Elko, Nevada from 2004? The ticket I got
in Delaware back in 2002? They never hit my driving record. My insurance
company does not know about them because they get their info from your
driving record in your state of residency. Just pay them and move on with
your life. This is part of what makes Winter Beater Wars so much fun!

-Marc who is not sure if he should be telling an AR-15 owner good things
about PA