Electric SC

(Posts here, there and all over)
You, my man, have it right. I'm not broke enough that my Roccs are the
daily drive, thankfully. But having an A1 as the daughter's daily puts me
in this very spot. The bleeding just won't stop.

 I think that when a
> scirocco owner can finally afford to fix all the misc stuff on his car
> or improve it to perform where he thinks it should be two things
> happen.
>
> A) He finds out some of us more brutally than others that it's a
> lifetime commitment (for the car anyway) because no matter how much he
> loves it, no matter how much he hates it he can't stand to lose the
> money he's already sunk into it because he will never get a dollar for
> dollar value on the parts and the time... Oh the time, blood swearing
> sweating and despair.  You can't put a dollar value on that.

Bo, revise that. You're afraid to add up the parts bills. Anyone ever
actually done that? It's a very scary exercise. I didn't know this was the
deal when I bought the first one and could have gone either way. I knew
exactly what I was doing when I bought the second, and it still wears on me
sometimes. But I embrace it nevertheless.

> B) I have seen several of my peers not peers in technical knowledge
> mind you but rather scirocco owners, that have had a catastrophic loss
> or they finally make enough to fix and restore, and they realize that
> they could have a brand new reliable car and they move on.

This is probably what will happen with the Cabby, she has yet to touch her
student loan.

> But every time you start to hate the car and you say fuck it I am
> done.  You drive it and it runs good you take to a mountain road
> somewhere and it's all ok again.

This should be the .org mission statement. Yeah, we all get it, bigtime!

> You are reminded why you fell in love with the goddamn thing to begin
> with.
> That's why we see things like this, and for a second you WANT to
> believe that you will get a horsepower gain for little coin.
>
> Sorry just a little melancholy this morning.

I know just what will fix that, organize a GTG. I need a "group wrenching
session" bigtime. I'm so far beyond melancholy. Hang in there, melancholy's
not that much fun.

Cathy