OT: ETest/ A2s are good for something

On 11:16:04 pm 11/19/05 Nate Mellom <doubt@inwave.com> wrote:
> "Does this not mean that a shitload of cars will soon go off the road
> for good?"
>
> That, my friend, is the point.  A while back there was legislation
> proposed to crush all cars older than 20 years old or some shit like
> that here in the states.  Luckily, cooler heads prevailed, and it
> never passed.  "The Man" is certainly out to get us, the enthusiasts,
> people (like me) who can't afford a brand new hybrid, and any one
> else who prefers older cars to new crap.  They are certainly aiming
> at the wrong crowd.  How about putting an end to Hummers?
> This kinda crap always pisses me off, but luckily I'm not in a
> position to worry too much about it, at least for now.
> Nate

Odd that you mention Hummers, I drove by one on the way back from failing
my test. Given the keys to both, I'd still pick the troublesome cabby. And
I'm sure they want the older ones off the road, under five years old is
exempt. So the rich have no worries, and the average guy/hot chick gets an
extra hassle and expense.
Cathy