Chris the owner of the fox woody wagon needs help.

Chris Oliver called me this evening with a heck of a problem.

Newly rebuilt 2.0 with 1.8l head, ported polished, and so on.
4k tranny with a new clutch, throw out bearing and such.
Self adjusting clutch cable.

I asked about some adjustments the other day on his behalf.  He swears
he is coming back into the fold so to speak.

Clutch is slipping horribly.  Has to baby it to get up to highway
speeds and even in 5th if he goes over 4000rpm it's like there is no
clutch at all.  Firm clutch pedal and he said the clutch arm on the
tranny felt a little weird when he put the cable in.  I thought there
was supposed to be half an inch of play in a properly adjusted clutch
cable.  No?  Other possibilities are an oil leak... newly rebuilt
engine and all.  Said it consumes alot of oil and got a metal oil pan
gasket instead of cork and that definately leaks.  Rear main seal?

Help...

He has to go to work Monday and intends to make a long trip with this
car.  So tommorow is his day to fix it.  The woody wagon is semi out
of commision.  Coming back from Cincy there was a HUGE pothole, so
large in fact that when he hit it, it screwed up both front rims and
shattered the windshield.

He is going to pull the starter and look for evidence of oil there.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in Advance.

Chris

--