[16v] Bad O2 sensor symptoms?

On 11:15:42 pm 11/18/05 Nate Mellom <doubt@inwave.com> wrote:
> Cathy,
> I saw the setup you had in Cincy, I assume that's what you're talking
> about for checking the DPR?  Unfortunately, the one Bentley I don't
> have is the one for this car (I have the .pdf, but not the paper
> version yet), so any hands-on help would be great!
> Thanks!
> Nate

Easy! Just find two "two wire' plugs, one male, one female from a suitable
donor car. Female ones are easy to find, the male ends are tougher, as the
female ends usually plug into devices, but I found some up on the front
corner markers of my parts MkI. I also went to Radio Shack and got two
leads that fit the inputs on my multimeter but maybe you have some dead
leads around, you only need the plug end (to put into the meter) and it's
usually the probe end that gets wrecked. So what you're building is a
little extension of the plug on the DPR, with the meter "inserted" into one
side of the wiring in the harness. Find yourself the crap, and when you
have it, I'll go grab mine to see how I have it hooked up, but it's easy
once you find that stupid two wire male plug.

Also I'll see if I can find the picture of the harness. Super easy to make,
have I said that enough yet? get back to me for the next part....

cathy