Dash results (and X-mas comes early :)

Ok folks - I got my dash back and while it came out about as well as I
expected, I still find myself not quite satisfied.

The mysterious formula is Line-X - yeah, the sh*t they spray on truck
beds!  :)  It's basically a polymer of poly-urea and cures within
seconds of application. On top of that, it's completely sandable and
paintable. The biggest concern was whether it would bond to the original
dash surface (which it did), but now it's how long it will stay (which
we'll see  :)  From a personal standpoint, I can't decide if I can live
with the rough texture (not really an option from an application
standpoint because you need an even coat to begin with), or if I should
try to sand it down...

All told, the process cost me $200 ($100 for the shoot, $75 for the prep
(several layers of plastic filler apparently), and $25 for me saying
"Hey, take your time and please do a good job!") which is light years
better than the $800 butt-prod that JustDashes wants (not to mention the
4-month wait time).

Also, I've included a couple pix of my "new" old-skewl bling - an early
X-mas present to myself.   :)

Let me know what you think!

L8R, Jeff

http://validpath.com/images/81s/resto/dash1.JPG